Top Outlets for Social Media Marketing Services
I’ve covered the Big 5 Social Media Marketing Services outlets and why you should be using them. But now I’m going to put a finer point on this business of Social Media Marketing Services with some of the less obvious social media choices. Why? Because your target might not be pinning and following and re-tweeting. And social media marketing services aim to bring all your people to you. So, try these outlets:
1 Instagram: All the Pretty Pictures
- What Is It: A photo-based, mobile-first social media site
- Who Uses It: 200 million users, 57% engaging daily, 53% under 29
- How to Engage On It: Post photos with text overlays and branded hashtags
What Not to Do: Don’t post without a caption and don’t overuse hashtags
2 LinkedIn: Business Club, No Shorts Allowed
- What Is It: Networking site for business community professionals
- Who Uses It: 300 million users, 100 million over the age of 50
- How to Engage On It: Make a company profile, start a group, and blog
What Not to Do: Don’t say anything here that you wouldn’t say at a business meeting
3 Vine: Twitter in Video Form
- What Is It: A short, 6-second, looping video sharing site
- Who Uses It: 40 million users, 31.8% of which are teens
- How To Engage On It: Make a video, use time lapse, be original, and share
What Not to Do: Don’t complicate your message. Keep it super simple.
4 Tumblr: Where All the Cool Kids Are
- What Is It: Microblogging, social networking site
- Who Uses It: 420 million users with 225 million blogs, 50% of users under 25
- How to Engage On It: Use humor, gifs, and memes to appeal and fit in
What Not to Do: Don’t try too hard. Seriously. Cool people hate that.
5 Reddit: Every Niche Frontpage In Existence
- What Is It: Community-controlled news, entertainment, and social site
- Who Uses It: 174 million users on 6000 subreddits
- How To Engage On It: Subscribe to relevant subreddits, contribute, and do an AMA
What Not to Do: Don’t market to reddit. They will tear you apart.
Social Media Marketing Success
The rules for being successful on social media are similar to those for being successful in life:
- Be genuine. Don’t try too hard. Be yourself.
- Be gentle. Let your audience find you. Don’t be pushy.
- Be generous. Give and you shall receive. Engage.
And when all else fails, get some help from social media marketing services professionals. There’s no shame in that.