Tips to Improve Website Design & Development If you’re a business owner, you should have…
5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Web Designer
If you want any chance of succeeding in today’s digital world, your business needs a web presence. 10 years ago, you might have been able to get away with a simple landing page, but that’s not gonna cut it anymore. Customers expect more than ever before. Your site has to look nice, work well, and be full of useful and interesting content. They need to be able to find and contact you with the click of a button. Sadly, building a website is no longer a DIY project. It’s time to call in the experts!
1 Design Expertise
A professional web designer has the skills required to create an engaging, visually appealing website. Decisions about color schemes, typography, and visual hierarchy will be carefully considered by a professional web designer. A pro will create a unique, memorable, trustworthy website that builds business. First impressions matter.
A professional web designer will:
- Integrate your current marketing into a new website design
- Develop consistent branding with attention to detail
- Create strategic, aesthetically pleasing page layouts
- Design a website that sets you apart from your competition
2 Technical Expertise
It’s challenging to fully comprehend how rapidly the web is changing. Professional web designers keep abreast of current technologies and trends. Hire a pro and you’ll have a website that’s state-of-the-art, looks good on all browsers, and is thoughtfully structured for ease of navigation. Your business website should be responsive and mobile ready. Functionality matters.
Professional web designers have the technical expertise to:
- Choose appropriate hosting bandwidth to meet traffic needs
- Use proper code for well structured, easily indexed content
- Optimize each individual web page for search engines
- Build a site with useful content management features
- Offer you training to best use your website
3 Usability Expertise
Business websites need user-friendly designs and industry specific customizations. In today’s busy world, website visitors want to access information easily. If site visitors can’t find what they want quickly, they will abandon your website. Ease of use matters.
A professional web designer has the knowledge to:
- Create a website that is well organized and easy to use
- Develop an interface that is intuitive and quick to navigate
- Make informed decisions about site structure based on experience
4 Marketing Expertise
After a consultation, a professional web designer will provide a skilled analysis of your business and branding. A professional will provide a fresh perspective on your business, take a customized approach, and develop targeted, industry specific websites. Marketing matters.
Your website needs to match your business. If you’re advertising a daycare business, a minimalist design with monochromatic colors is not going to appeal to your audience. It sure is easier to build, though! A professional web designer can do the heavy lifting to help your website match what your business has to offer.
A professional web designer has the skills needed to:
- Produce a website that appeals to your audience and engages them
- Understand your mission and clearly communicate your message
- Integrate your business ideals and personality into your website
5 Industry Expertise
Yes, you could try to create your online presence using a proprietary website builder with a template. However, you’ll end up with a website based on a much used theme without any unique qualities. You could also hire your nephew’s best friend, but you’ll likely end up with a dull design and limited functionality. Also, technology changes quickly. When your business is at at stake, tech support is essential.
A professional web designer will:
- Appreciate the importance of a polished online business presence
- Design a website based on an open source platform that you will own and control
- Provide needed tech and web support to clients
Two Other Important Web Design Considerations
1 Small Firm Versus Big Agency
A small web design business has the flexibility to scale your website project to suit your needs. They are more apt to provide personalized attention and produce a website that accurately reflects your business.
A small web design business will:
- Devise a project plan that is flexible and feasible
- Consider cost and provide value
- Address your short-term needs and account for long-term growth
2 Get Back to Work
Hire a professional web designer. You have a business to run. You don’t have time to spend figuring out how to design and build an effective website for your business. Time is money. In the long run, hiring a professional web designer is a wise financial decision. Use your time productively on sales and customer relations. The professional web designer will build a website you can be proud of, one that will build your business.
Customers can tell when you cut corners. You may be able to skimp on fresh flowers for the office, but you can’t employ half measures when it comes to building a website. As technology continues to develop and our lives increasingly move online, you need a web presence to remain competitive. Give your business the boost it needs by hiring a professional web designer. Your customers will thank you!