If luck is the marriage of preparation and opportunity, then the formula for luck in business is simple. Make it easy for people to recommend you with a professional...
Achieve Your Business Goals. Take Small Steps.
When it comes to losing weight, you have to think small. Focusing on losing 50 pounds is a lot more overwhelming than focusing on losing one pound. Instead of focusing on the insurmountable task ahead of you, it helps to break it down into manageable chunks, day after day. The same goes for reaching your business goals. You’re not going to attract 1000 new customers overnight. But if you break it down into small steps, you’ll find you’re on your way.
Small Goal, Big Impact: Brand Update
An easy way to build any business is to update your brand. This small step can make a huge difference by allowing you to attract new customers by dressing for success.
Step 1: Update your Logo
Consumers have an almost immediate negative reaction to outdated logos. Nothing will bump you out of the running faster than dated colors and images.
Step 2: Redesign your Website
Clean designs have the most longevity. No one gets the back button faster than cluttered websites that are hard to navigate.
Step 3: Maintain Consistency Online
Once you have a new look, spread your updated branding to your social media pages. You don’t want to give one impression on your website and other on your Facebook page.
Small Steps, Long Term Goals: Improve Reach
After you see how much you can accomplish with small steps, you can move on to bigger concerns. You’re probably interested in increasing your profits. For most businesses, that means you need to improve your reach.
Improving your reach is vital to building a base of loyal customers. When it comes to digital marketing, you have to go where the people are. Unfortunately, the current “hot place” to be online is continually changing. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to improve your reach and keep up with the times.
Step 1: Analyze Yourself & Competition
- Analyze your website traffic to see who you’re reaching.
- Study your competition to see who is doing what better.
- Produce an optimization plan to maximize your existing audience and capture new customers.
Step 2: Strategize with Content Development
- Develop a strategic content plan to improve your online reach.
- Schedule the release of your content and stick to your publishing calendar.
- Create a notebook of ideas and hire a ghostwriter or editor if you can’t keep up.
Step 3: Socialize Online
- Join social media groups used by your target audience (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram).
- Establish online groups for other professionals or prospective customers (LinkedIn, Google+).
- Connect, Reach out, share advice, make friends, host chats, and make videos.
Small Steps Achieve Big Goals
If you start with what’s in front of you and break your larger goal into a series of manageable daily tasks, you’ll be surprised where you are in a year. Small steps like creating a new brand, improving your reach, and building up your social media skills can make all the difference. Not only will you find your bottom line and your status in the industry have completely shifted, but you might even find your business itself taking on a new shape. And if you take the step to hire a professional, then you can achieve all of it with just that one step.